Blackened Salmon Soft Tacos
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons blackening spice mix or Cajun seasoning (no salt added)
- 1/2 small head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 8 small flour tortillas, warmed
- Low-fat sour cream, for serving
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat both sides of the salmon with the seasoning mix and cook, covered, until opaque throughout and blackened, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, cilantro, oil, lime juice, and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
Flake the salmon into pieces. If desired, spread sour cream on the tortillas, then fill with the salmon and top with the lettuce mixture.
Chocolate Lemon Ice Cream Pie
- 1 9″ chocolate graham cracker piecrust
- 3/4 cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) jar lemon curd
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
Spread half of the chocolate ice cream topping in the bottom of the piecrust and freeze.
In medium bowl, combine lemon curd, lemon zest, and ice cream; beat until blended. Spoon into piecrust on top of chocolate topping.
Drizzle with remaining chocolate ice cream topping; swirl the topping into the ice cream mixture with the tip of a knife. Freeze until firm. You can slice this right out of the freezer.
Dock Line Magazine