Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- ?1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Toss seeds in a bowl with the melted butter and salt. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown; stir occasionally.
Halibut w/Oranges & Pasta
- 1-pound angel hair pasta
- 3 navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 4 6-ounce pieces halibut, skin removed
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2-teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
Cut the oranges into segments, removing the surrounding membranes. Squeeze the membranes over a bowl to catch their juices.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
Sprinkle the halibut with ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and the cumin. Cook for 4 minutes.
Turn the halibut, add the oranges with any liquid and scallions, and cook until the fish is the same color throughout and flakes easily, 4 to 5 minutes.
Divide the pasta and fish among plates. Spoon the oranges and sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the cilantro.