By Rebecca F. Zacher
Sick to your stomach from too much candy? Tripped on a dinosaur tail or a dog dressed as a spider? “Over consumed” at those Halloween parties? Halloween puts additional pedestrians on the road. Children in dark baggy clothing going door to door. Parties with drugs and alcohol. It isn’t any wonder how things go bad, right? It doesn’t have to be this way if we all do our part to prevent accident or injury.
Parents, speak to your trick-or-treaters about the following safety tips:
- Look both ways while crossing the street.
- Wear reflective clothing.
- Tie shoes and avoid costumes that lead to accidental falls or decreased mobility.
- Inspect children’s candy for evidence of tampering; i.e. razor blades, pills, etc.
- Supervise trick-or-treaters when going door to door and remind them not to go inside stranger’s homes.
- When selecting treats to hand out at your door, consider a healthier alternative such as toys or fruit!
Drivers, pedestrians are out in full force on Halloween:
- Put down those electronics!
- Be vigilant and look for pedestrians
- Report suspicious or hazardous drivers
- DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!
THERE IS NEVER AN EXCUSE FOR DRINKING AND DRIVING. Drunk driving violations and motor vehicle collisions sky rocket on Halloween. Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal in all 50 states, as well as the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. Make plans ahead of time like calling a cab/Uber, a friend or STAYING PUT. THERE IS NEVER AN EXCUSE FOR DRINKING AND DRIVING. I REPEAT, THERE IS NEVER AN EXCUSE FOR DRINKING AND DRIVING.
As “spooky” as the evening is supposed to be, real terror is at an increased risk. Please remember to keep health and safety at the forefront of your thoughts. Texpress is ready to treat your scrapes, lacerations, bruises, breaks, hangovers and additional Halloween nightmares quickly and efficiently.
Texpress Halloween is hosting a Costume Contest! Come show us your Halloween costume or post it on our Facebook @HuntsvilleUrgentCare! Best Costume wins a Smart TV!
Texpress Urgent Care aims to put the Humanity Back in Healthcare. Let us get you back to your busy life!