French Toast Loaf
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8-teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups bread cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9- by 5- inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except bread cubes; mix well. Stir in bread cubes and allow to sit for 10 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan and bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until golden. Remove loaf from pan, slice, and serve.