American Potato Salad
- 5 pounds red potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender but still firm.
- Drain, cool and cut into cubes.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine chopped potatoes and eggs.
- Mix together mayonnaise, chopped onion, green onion, green pepper, and celery. Season with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.