VA News: Policy Change | Houston Airport Parking for Disabled Veterans (Sept. 15, 2023)
There is a policy change for complimentary parking at the Houston Airports for Disabled Veterans.
Beginning September 15, 2023, Houston Airports will offer certain military veterans and military award recipients complimentary parking each time they visit George Bush Intercontinental Airport or William P. Hobby Airport.
Veterans who have an active, permanently affixed license plate issued by any U.S. state qualify for the savings. A complete list of approved license plates is at the bottom of this webpage. In order to receive the complimentary parking, the veteran must be present at the time of exiting the parking facility.
*The complimentary service is per visit to the airport, subject to parking availability and cannot be combined with an online parking reservation.
*Qualifying disabled veterans who enter a Houston Airports’ parking facility before September 15 will not be affected.
Qualifying veterans can choose between:
• Up to 60 consecutive days in an ecopark lot or
• Up to 5 consecutive days in a parking garage
If the vehicle is parked past the complimentary period, the Disabled Veteran is responsible for paying the daily parking rate for each additional day. Refunds will not be issued after a vehicle leaves the parking facility.
This is a change from the old policy where veterans were able to park for an unlimited duration with credentials or Disabled Veteran plates.
Eligibility for Complimentary Parking
• Driver’s License or Military Card
• Copy of the current (unexpired) vehicle registration renewal receipt
• A vehicle that has qualified permanently affixed active (unexpired) Disabled Veteran License Plate
To receive complimentary parking:
• Disabled Veteran must be present, and in the vehicle, and have proper identification.
• Driver must pull a ticket when entering the parking facility.
• Driver must exit through a manned lane: “Cash/Need Help”.
• Parking attendant must verify license plate qualifies for complimentary parking.
Complimentary parking will not be offered if:
• A vehicle is displaying temporary dealer tags or paper tags.
• The owner has elected not to mount the Disabled Veteran License Plate on their vehicle.
• The Disabled Veteran is not in the vehicle when the vehicle exits the parking facility.
For more information: