What is Veterans Service Office?
I thought it might be necessary to inform our veteran community on what exactly the Montgomery County Veterans Service Office is and what some of the services are that we assist with.
We are a county funded office for Montgomery County Veterans and their dependents and survivors. Our office was developed just after WWII with the mission to assist our veterans and their survivors with the VA claims process and to answer eligibility questions.
- We counsel our veterans and/or their dependents and survivors as to VA & State benefits they may be entitled to receive.
- We complete all the necessary forms to obtain the maximum benefits allowable.
- We assist with obtaining any documentation needed. (DD-214, Military discharges, marriage licenses, etc…)
- We help the claimant correspond to any letters sent by VA.
Benefits we assist with:
- Service Connected Disabilities
- Non-Service Connected Pension
- Survivors Dependency Indemnity Compensation (DIC)
- Survivors Pension
- Educational Benefits
- Medical Eligibility
- Life Insurance Programs
- Burial Benefits
- VetCenter Support
- State of Texas Benefits
- And many more…….
Collectively the staff of Montgomery County Veterans Service has over 64 years of experience in VA & State benefits with more than 1,500+ hours of training.
We hold accreditation through multiple organizations, Texas Veterans Commission, Disabled American Veterans, Veterans of Foreign Wars, and The National Association of County Veterans Service Officers.
Our Mission Statement
“The mission of Montgomery County Veterans Service is to provide the most beneficial service to the veterans and their dependents of this county in a compassionate manner with the desire to obtain the most advantageous benefits available to them, through continual education of VA regulations and application procedures affecting the veteran population.”
Any veterans with concerns on their claim can contact the VA directly at 1-800-827-1000 and/or for more information on VA and State Benefits Montgomery County Veterans Service at 936-539-7842 or via email at [email protected]