4 Ingredient APPLE CAKE
- 3 medium Honeycrisp apples
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper and grease the sides of the pan.
- Peel apples and remove cores. Slice apples to ½-inch cubes.
- Add eggs and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, beat on highest speed for about 8 minutes or until mixture turns a very pale brown and is very thick.
- Add in flour and gently fold in with a spatula until just mixed.
- Add in apples and gently fold in so that they are evenly spread out in the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared springform pan. Bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes in the middle row of the oven or until cake is done. Top will be dark brown and toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Let the cake cool for about 20-30 minutes before dusting top with powdered sugar and slicing and serving.