89.2 F

VR&E Support-and-Services Tracks

VR&E Support-and-Services Tracks

If you’re a Veteran or service member with a service-connected disability that impacts your ability to work, the Veteran Readiness and Employment program (formerly called Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment) may be able to help. VA offers 5 support-and-services tracks to help you find and keep a job, and live as independently as possible. Explore the different tracks—and find out how to apply for benefits and services.

Re-employment Track

As a Veteran, you’re protected under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA). This means you can’t be disadvantaged in your civilian career because of your service.

If you’re a Veteran with a service-connected disability, the Reemployment track can help your employer accommodate your needs. Your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) can provide a full range of services, and can refer you directly to the Department of Labor to begin the process. 

Rapid Access Employment Track

If you want to follow an employment path that uses your existing skill set, the Rapid Access to Employment track can help you with your job search. We offer counseling and rehabilitation services that address your abilities, aptitudes, and interests.

Self-Employment Track

If you’re a service member or Veteran with a service-connected disability and employment barrier who has the strong desire, skills, and drive to run a successful business.

Employment through Long-term Services Track

If you have a service-connected disability that makes it hard for you to succeed in your employment path. VA training can help you find work in a different field that better suits your current abilities and interests.

Independent Living Track

If your service-connected disability limits your ability to perform activities of daily living (like bathing, dressing, accessing the community, and interacting with others) and you can’t return to work right away, you may qualify for independent living services.

You may also receive these services as you work to find a job if that’s a goal you and your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) have created. In both cases, your VRC can help you restore your daily-living activities.

Go to www.va.gov and click on Careers and Employment to apply.

For more information on VA & State benefits contact Montgomery County Veterans Service at 936-539-7842 or via email at [email protected].  You can also follow us on Facebook.

- Advertisement -

More Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here


- Advertisement -