Merry Christmas Montgomery County and HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY New Year!!
I think we are ALL ready to see the sun set on 2020 and ring in a new, fresh start! I bet most people are even excited to set a few New Year’s resolutions.
One of the most common New Year’s resolutions of years past (according to the Google machine) is:
Saving Money OR Making Better Financial Decisions
If that resolution resonates with you – then your current insurance coverage is a great spot to start. So here is a short list of a few insurance mistakes to try and avoid………and still save money!
- Watch out for insuring your home for its market value rather than for the cost of rebuilding the home – you will most likely be over-insured or underinsured. Losing money either way.
- Not checking on your discount eligibility – you may be leaving easy money on the table by not receiving discounts that you clearly qualify for.
- Did you buy the minimum insurance required? You might have jumped over a dollar to pick up a penny. Call our office to learn more.
- Misunderstanding your policy. I know, I know, I know – insurance reviews are lame. However, they are not nearly as lame as not having the coverage you need, or saving money by being properly insured.
- You don’t have a secondary beneficiary – or even worse, you don’t know who you beneficiaries are.
- You purchased your insurance online – without the advice of a local, trusted, knowledgeable agent. P.S. we aren’t always more expensive!
If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to save money, make better financial decisions or get your household insurance organized and in good order – we can help!