Helping Our Community Animals In Need This Holiday Season
Animal Shelter Volunteers of Texas is a foster based rescue and it is a revolving door for homeless pets. Every animal has a story and how it came to us. The stream of homeless animals never ends.
ASVT takes in unwanted, discarded community animals to lighten the load in shelters and places them in ASVT foster homes until they are adopted. Unfortunately we can’t take them all. Unwanted animals are at an all-time high and the local shelters are continuously over capacity. There is no sign of slow-down in sight!
How can you help our homeless community animals this holiday season?
Animal Shelter Volunteers of Texas is a 501c3 nonprofit organization. We are dedicated to helping abandoned, abused and neglected animals. NO ONE IS PAID and we appreciate the Donations, Fosters and Volunteers to help us continue. ASVT relies on your support with donations and support to continue saving our community animals.
This holiday season please consider making a donation. Remember, it is tax deductible. Just visit our website and use the DONATE button.
Animal Shelter Volunteers of Texas is a foster based rescue organization. We depend on foster parents to help us improve the quality of lives for animals in our community. ASVT has been active in rescuing homeless and abandoned pets since 2010.
Please consider opening your heart and home to a foster pet. Make their holiday a joyous one with a loving family, warm bed and good food to eat. Submit your Foster Application today to foster a homeless pet.
Montgomery County Animal Shelter (MCAS) located on Hwy 242 in Conroe takes in animals every day. Can you visualize what that must be like? They arrive unwanted, some starving, sick and neglected.
ASVT, other rescues and MCAS are working together to rehome shelter animals and increase spay/neuter in our community. There are LOW COST spay/neuter programs available. There is not a good reason to not have animals spayed or neutered. Most of the photos shown here are victims of unwanted litters. If you find a pet you are interested in adopting, just submit an Adoption Application.
ASVT also hosts adoption events at various locations. Just look for our signs! We use social media and a number of pet finder sites to network our available animals for adoption. Our foster families take in animals to free up kennels in our local shelters and rehabilitate and socialize them. ASVT also networks with other rescue groups. We believe in working together for the welfare of the animals.
It’s Raining Kittens…
It’s gone beyond “kitten season” this year. It’s raining kittens and they are landing on our doorstep. We have picked them up and put them in foster homes. ASVT of course takes care of their medical needs and wants to find loving homes for each of them. If you are interested in adopting one of these little cuties we have a promotion going on for all kittens 6 months old and older. Adoption fee of $25 with an approved application. This includes spay/neuter, all vaccines and microchip.
As a non-profit organization, ASVT relies on the assistance of caring and hard-working volunteers. Volunteers are the lifeline for each and every animal that comes through our program. Volunteers who work directly with rescue animals can increase an animal’s chance of adoption by providing additional human contact.
Just look into the eyes of any of our rescue animals and you will see gratitude for the second chance at a better life given to them by our volunteers.
Please submit a Volunteer Application if you have a little extra time to help the animals.
Some safety tips to keep your pets safe during this holiday season.
• Keep people food out of the reach of your pet, and ask your guests to do the same.
• Make sure your pet doesn’t have any access to treats, especially those containing chocolate, xylitol, grapes/raisins, onions or other toxic foods.
• Don’t leave your pet alone in the room with lit candles, a decorated tree or potpourri.
• Keep holiday plants (especially holly, mistletoe and lilies) out of reach of pets.
• Consider leaving the tinsel off your tree if you have a cat.
• Secure your Christmas tree to keep it from falling over if your dog bumps it or your cat climbs it. Hanging lemon-scented car air fresheners in the tree may deter your cat from climbing it.
• Provide a safe place for your pet to escape the excitement (such as a kennel, crate, perching place, scratching post shelf or hiding place) if you’re entertaining guests. If your pet is excitable or scared, consider putting your pet in another room with some toys and a comfortable bed.
If you shop Amazon you can help ASVT rescue animals! Amazon will donate a percentage of every purchase to Animal Shelter Volunteers of Texas when you shop with Amazon Smile and designate Animal Shelter Volunteers of Texas to be your rewards recipient. Just go to your Amazon account to enroll. It’s easy and there is no cost.
HOW CAN YOU HELP US HELP THEM?
ADOPT, SPONSOR, VOLUNTEER, FOSTER, DONATE!
• You can visit our website to sign up to volunteer and/or foster and donate using our DONATE button. Donations help us pay for medical expenses, food, supplies and transporting animals to areas with high adoption needs.
• ASVT also sponsors a Spay/Neuter Program for community animals whose owners cannot afford to have their pets altered. This helps decrease the rise of community puppies and kittens that will end up in the shelters.
• The accomplishments of ASVT would not be possible without partners like Wiesner Automotive, Empire Electric, Ransom’s Steakhouse, Animal Hospital of Montgomery, Bruce and Toni Sellers, Pet Supplies Plus, Dock Line Magazine and so many more.