- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 3 large (1 1/2 to 2 pounds) potatoes , peeled and quartered
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 pounds ground round beef
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper and/or other seasonings of choice
Boil and mash potatoes.
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Add the ground beef, then the Worcestershire sauce and broth. Bring the broth to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Season as needed
Layer the meat mixture, vetables, and mashed potatoes in a casserole dish.
Bake at 400°F oven for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbling. Broil after for a crispy top.