- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package ground pork sausage
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8-ounce) package corn bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion in 1 tablespoon butter 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden. Add sausage and mushrooms and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until sausage is browned and mushrooms are tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken broth, stuffing, and almonds, mix well. Add remaining butter, the sausage mixture, and the egg; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 to 35 additional minutes, or until heated through and top is golden.