Confetti Omelet Casserole
- 6 bacon slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups egg substitute
- 2 cups (8 ounces) 2% reduced-fat shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 (4-ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Garnish: fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped onion to hot drippings in skillet, and sauté over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir together crumbled bacon, onion, egg substitute, and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Pour egg mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.